Therapeutic Touch (TT) is a
non-invasive holistic approach to
healing based on an energy reaction
between people. Developed by New York
nurse Dolores Krieger and her mentor
Dora Kunz in the 1970's, it is
practiced by thousands of nurses,
health professionals and lay people
TT induces relaxation, reduces pain and
anxiety and speeds up healing. It can
be helpful for any illness or injury,
or for normal processes like
childbirth. It also helps the dying and
those with chronic disease.
Research to date shows faster wound
healing, reduction of headache pain and
reduced need for post operative pain
- In health "life energy" flows freely
in, through, and out of the body in a
- In illness or injury, this flow is
obstructed, depleted or disordered.
- TT attempts to restore the flow to the
- The practitioner balances the energy
field surrounding a person to assist
their natural healing process.
How It's Done
- Practitioner moves hands around
patient's body from head to foot
(patient stays fully clothed).
- Hands move in a gentle flowing motion a
few inches from the body.
- Full session lasts up to 20 minutes and
is healing and energizing for both
giver and receiver.
Who Does It
- Thousands of nurses and health
professionals in hospitals and private
- Can be learned by anyone.
- Check for TT practitioners at your
- To find a practitioner or recommended
teacher contact the Therapeutic Touch Network
at 416-65-TOUCH or Fax