New Ways Of Dealing With Fibroids
Fibroids are benign tumours or growths
of the uterus, which are two to three
times more common in Afro-American
women. Fibroids are the main reason for
one third of all hysterectomies.
However, fibroids can be removed
surgically by themselves, and the
uterus saved. In some cases, a
comprehensive natural approach can be
used to shrink fibroids or bring
bleeding under control.
Fibroids are made of smooth muscle and
fibrous tissue. They can vary from the
size of a pea to a size of a melon.
They are made of hard white grisly
tissue that has a whorl-like pattern.
Fibroids can be easily diagnosed
through a pelvic ultrasound.
- No symptoms.
- Heavy bleeding.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Urinary frequency.
- Pain is unusual.
- Twisting of fibroid on stalk.
- Infertility, miscarriage.
- Enlarged ureter, possible kidney
Wait And See: If no symptoms or close
Hysterectomy: Many possible side
Surgical Removal: Through the
hysteroscope, laparoscope or abdominal
Embolization: New technique, tiny
pellets block off blood supply to
Natural Medicine: Multi-pronged
Natural Rx For Fibroids
- Decrease estrogen overload.
- Support liver function.
- Increase pelvic and general
- Cleanse and detoxify.
- Deal with emotional conflicts.
Diet To Decrease Estrogen Exposure
- Most dioxins concentrated in the fat of
beef and dairy.
- Eat organic, fresh, local, seasonal
- High fibre low fat diet.
- Avoid sugar, sugar substitutes,
additives, refined and fried foods,
caffeine, nicotine, alcohol.
- To improve the breakdown of estrogen in
- Fresh lemon juice daily.
- Liver herbs (dandelion root, milk
thistle, burdock, artichoke, turmeric)
support and detoxify liver.
- Bitter greens (endive, dandelion,
- Swedish bitters help digestion and
improve liver function.
- Correct low thyroid function if
- Extra vitamin-C, pantothenic acid, and
adrenal glandulars to support adrenal
- Use natural progesterone cream or
capsules, day 12 to 26 of cycle to
overcome estrogen dominance.
- Take daily: B-Complex 50 to 100mg,
1,000mg bioflavonoids, 1,000mg each of
methionine, choline and inositol to
improve liver function and finally flax
seed oil one to two tablespoons.
Reducing Pelvic Congestion
- Castor oil or green clay packs.
- Visceral manipulation.