Kava Kava For Anxiety
Kava Kava (Piper Methysticum) is a
robust and attractive perennial shrub
with smooth-shaped heart leaves that is
native to many South Pacific Islands.
It is harvested when it is 6 to 8 feet
The part used is the root, where the
active ingredients, known as the
kavalactones, are concentrated.
- Induces tranquility and sociability.
- Promotes deep and restful sleep.
- Muscle relaxing and anti-convulsing
- No drowsiness or sedation.
- No addictive properties.
- Acts on certain area of brain to
modulate fear and anxiety.
- Quality extract contains 30 to 70
percent of kavalactones.
- 100mg two or three times a day.
- Kava compares favourably to
- Kava compares favourably to placebo.
- Kava helpful for anxiety associated
- Possible future use in treatment of
- Mild gastrointestinal disturbances.
- Dry scaly skin rash, dizziness, muscle
weakens only with excess prolonged
- Side effects disappear after stopping
- Do not use if pregnant or lactating.
- Do not use for young children and
- Do not use with antidepressants or